Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painted Engine covers

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I am considering painting the engine cover on the Calais but am unsure what the final product may look like. Has anyone painted there cover if so what colour and do you have any pics? Did you encounter any problems?

Cheers

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
looks awesome ive seen it done, just check it out on the net for pics...be sure to use high quality paint though, with the heat it will go to sh*t for sure if you use cheap crappy stuff, try engine enamel, its alot more heat resistant...

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
go into the VZ forum. Troy started something that is snowballing.

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I've got a 6, Thanks for the pics mate. Yeah I've been watching the VZ engine cover topic for a while now, just that there's is (obviously) a far different shape and over all looks different painted. Just wondering peoples thoughts are on painting the writing for example, or the ribs that run top to bottom or the cylinder ribs. It looks awesome on the VZ engine cover just wondering how it would look with the ecotec

R

rattattack1313

Mate..I would do th ewriting a different color... colorcoding your car looks wicked.......

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Thanks for the tip rat.

Any ideas about how to go about doing the writing as masking it all up would take a while to say the least :whistling

R

rattattack1313

I have sorta cheated there...my wife is an artist.... so I just nick one of her old brushes, and into it..make sure the paint you have put on is already dry....

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
So your tip would be to paint the whole thing the base colour first then go about carefully painting the letters by hand with the different colour?

I've heard about the high temp paint in the spray can, does that come in a bottle of some sort for hand painting?

Nthn_Suss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Senator Sig
I did mine in blue a few weekends back, im going to go back and do some details in black like the stripes and lettering on the engine cover. used heat proof/flame proof paint. $10 from Repco. :flame:

Attachments

• Image004.JPG
    Image004.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,889