Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

size of rear speaker holes...

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
yo champs, im just wondering if anyone knows the max size speaker/subwoofer that can be fitted in those rear speaker ports behind the headrests on the back seats...i just want some more noise, ive already got all other speakers and tweeters sorted, im a big fan of heavy beats and loud tunes guys...any ideas??

D

danny6424

My parents have a VT Calais and i think theirs has 6x9's that are subwoofers up back. Im not 100% though my advice would be to go to a car audio shop and ask them.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
well 6x9's arent exactly subwoofers (more speakers), i mean i can have a look and figure it out myself but im just at work at the moment n cant just run out to my car and start pulling things apart :p

D

danny6424

No i mean a 6x9 shaped subwoofer. They are jus subwoofers on the parcel shelf and i believe they are 6x9 shaped.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
okie dokie, sorry mate, soooooooo thats called the parcel shelf aye...well yeh, im hoping to drop something prety decent in there, i mean my parents have got subwoofers fitted in there with their VY Clubsport, im assuming that interior part is very much the same, should fit the same size speakers yeh??

R

RKZ234

In models with no speakers ex factory, the hole is blanked over with a piece of metal, spot welded in place prior to the car going into the paint shop.

Remove the back seats & unbolt the centre seatbelt at the floor to remove the parcel shelf. The spot welds aren't very hard to break.

Fit and wire up the speakers and put it back together again.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
so the 6x9's will definitely fit perfect-o in there?? any chance of like a 12" sub fittin sumwhere in the vicinity??

RKZ234 --> i have the problem of uneven wear on my tyres due to the independent suspension on the rears, i fit a cambor castor kit but still hasnt completely solved the problem, only helps a little...im still goin through tyres like a hoar does guys...do u want my deatils?? if so, let me know what u need :D:D:D

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
You won't get 12" in there without butchering the parcel shelf frame which alters the cars structure and is therefore illegal. 6 x9's definately fit, we've got them in our calais. As for fitting subs in there, well some calais and higher luxury models come out with stock 8 inch subs in that spot so they will definately fit. whether 8 inch subs are worth it is another story, we ripped ours out.