Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thinking of getting an air pod filter

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
does anyone have any pictures that they could post up so i can see how to fit an air pod filter. Also which is the best one for economy, not performance, and where do i get it from. How do i do this, while still retaining the air intake meter, that puts in the correct amount of fuel?
thanks Heaps :(

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
has no one here got an air pod of any kind??

has no one here got an air pod of any kind??

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Yes they have , SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH.......

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
Ludacris said:
Yes they have , SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH.......
dude that doesnt help me question. i have looked, i was looking for a good picture of a commodore with a pod, so i know how to do it, cause i cant see how to do it and keep the air meter reader thingy.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
what does a pod filter do.....?

B

Balistic3.8L

man i got one ill try to post a pic . you used to be able to buy the adaptor off ebay i bought 1 its very well made it comes with gaskets and bolts on to the m.a.f it also has a hole and a clip to fit the air temp sensor in but you have to loose the mesh in front of the m.a.f ill sell to you if you want it comes with two filters and and some air hose which i used to put under front bumper no good in heavy rain thou

R

RKZ234

justbad4you said:
what does a pod filter do.....?

It reduces the inlet air restriction, meaning more air enters the cylinder to provide a denser air charge. This equates to more efficient use of each drop of fuel, providing modest power gains, but far more importantly, it vastly improves fuel economy on a Commodore.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RKZ234

Pod Filter Pics

Here are a couple of pics of a D&T Performance (Adelaide & Perth) VX Pod which takes 15-20 mins from lifting the bonnet to closing it again, requires no special mods and retains all factory fittings, keeping the car legal. All you do is remove standard airbox lid and air flow meter, disconnect the hose at the MAF joint and install. It even has a hole for the air flow meter to refit. VERY SIMPLE job.

1/10 skill level to do the job yourself.

Attachments

• 010705 VX Pod 1 .JPG
    010705 VX Pod 1 .JPG
    454.1 KB · Views: 2,861
  • 010705 VX Pod 2.JPG
    010705 VX Pod 2.JPG
    684.4 KB · Views: 9,022

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
RKZ234 said:
Here are a couple of pics of a D&T Performance (Adelaide & Perth) VX Pod which takes 15-20 mins from lifting the bonnet to closing it again, requires no special mods and retains all factory fittings, keeping the car legal. All you do is remove standard airbox lid and air flow meter, disconnect the hose at the MAF joint and install. It even has a hole for the air flow meter to refit. VERY SIMPLE job.

1/10 skill level to do the job yourself.

nice - what that cost?