Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C.a.p.a Vortech

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Has anybody bolted a Vortech V-2 supercharger to their 3.8L ecotech????
I was just wondering how long a stock ecotech would last untill it needs rebuilding with one of these at say....10psi????
And what are they like for boost availability??? because i've heard they are pretty similar in boost pattern to a turbo due to it's centrifugal design.

S

sparkles_vp

Hi. i had a C.a.p.a powerdyne running 9si of boost on a standard ecotech. did 7000km and ripped the ring flanges straight of the pistons, Motor had 70000km before the blower. mate put on on his vs with 200000km and it did 2000km and it blew up. Another mate just got his vortech, on a stronger built ecotech, running 10psi intercooled, so far its blown the head gaskets but thats because a so called performance shop leaned it out tuning it! anything from c.a.p.a goes hard but on a standard motor dont plan to many birthdays. But go! hell they go, still miss it even though it sent me broke!

Cheers brendan.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i did see it somewhere, but cant remember. it could have been a VR though. and i am pretty sure it was bright yellow. umm, this probably doesnt help you much...

sounds like CAPA products are more hassle then they are worth unless you spend the big bucks.

i saw a pic of your ride sparkles, very nice indeed.

TheLucksta

Reaction score
There is a picture of a twin turbo ecotech setup on page 34 of issue 82 of Street Commodores. It says that it can put out 300kw at the wheels!!!! They also have an experimental turbo at www.v6supercharged.com and a turbo kit at www.commsport.com.au.

Heres a pic of the commsport turbo kit....

D

death-from-above

Thats one UGLY looking engine bay, apart from the go fast bits, the colour scheme is shocking....

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Yeah...bloody oath!!!!!

Come to think of it.....i swear the intake manifold has been turned around so that the throttle is on other side.

N

natsvr

Hey use dont remember HYPOV6 but it was a VR in November issue but it only had 226 rwhp at 3000rpm.I actually saw this commodore for sale for $20,000 on Parammatta Rd but didn't know it was that car until i saw it in the mag.

D

death-from-above

The air filter looks like its back to front aswell usually the smaller end of the cone is facing outwards.