Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Upgrade

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
Alright ive done a search and read everything but still im unsure...

IF i change the standard front rotors in my VX to DBA slotted, and the pads to bendix ultimate/police pads will it largely improve braking & most importantly get rid of the rocking/pulsating/towing a 1 tonne trailer feeling?
The current standard pads are brand new and the rotors have been checked and are fine.

My dads VX does it, his VT before that did it, and my VX does it - so i assume standard issue brakes are just crap. My old VS with apparently inferior brakes pulled up better!

Cheers

R

RKZ234

Doing the change will reduce stopping distance and is a huge improvement over the standard setup.

It's a very cheap safety improvement.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
will you have to do all 4 weels? and what will it cost all up?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I put slotted dba rotors and bendix ultimate pads on the front of my vt yesterday as the stock rotors were getting a little warped, as evident through a 'shimmy' in the steering wheel when hard braking. I bedded the pads in and i must say, even if i changed the rotors for stock replacements, the braking would have improved, but with the slotted discs, braking from higher speeds seems to be a lot better. Well worth the change.

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
yeah i have slotted with Bendex all round and its a Huge impovment over stock and probably all you need with a V6 :D

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
the only other improvement i can see straight up is some braided lines

R

RKZ234

justbad4you said:
will you have to do all 4 weels? and what will it cost all up?

Given the brake bias is set at approx 70% front and 30% rear, doing the front is the most important. Most brake experts will tell you not to worry about changing the rear as the standard ones aren't overworked.

Front DBA040S rotors are about $110 ea trade. Police Pack pads are cheapest from a Holden dealer. (about the only part that is cheaper at a dealer)

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
Sweet, im gonna do it when i get some cash together!
I think ill probably get some slotted rotors for the rear aswell - just for wank factor :D

Z

ZER0

iv been thinking of upgrading my self... but did someone say that the police packs already have better brakes?

R

RKZ234

ZER0 said:
iv been thinking of upgrading my self... but did someone say that the police packs already have better brakes?

The only difference in brakes on the Commodore Police Pack over standard is different front pads.

But fit Police Pack pads and DBA slotted rotors to the front only and you have a very very good setup.