Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to bypass the immobiliser, don't want the car towed to the locksmith!

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT II V6 Executive
Hello everyone,

I am a backpacker from Slovenia and I am having a problem with my Holden Commodore VT 1999 station wagon. I am in Agnes Water right now and I dropped the only key I have in water and now it doesn't start the car anymore.

I have talked to a couple of locksmith companies in Bundaberg and a Holden dealer and they quoted me on a new key from 100-180 $. But they need the car there or they have to travel here and the tow companies quoted me 350-450 $ to move the car there.

So I was thinking if I could only get it to start once to drive to a locksmith in Bundaberg. I have tried to wait one hour with ignition key in the ON position, but it didn't work. I am waiting again now and I figured I could ask up here if anyone knows what else I can do, because the cost of the towing service or the locksmith travelling here is just absurdly high. I have also booked Fraser island already and have to be there on Monday before 2 pm. If I don't get there I don't get a refund, so I'm screwed if I don't get the car to Bundaberg today to get the new key.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh, yeah, I also don't have the BCM number anywhere on my papers (I do have the VIN number and the Key number), so they have to physically be at the car to read it for programming the new key.

Thanks for any help, Milan

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
74 views and no answer? Anyone?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Your not likely to find an answer due to theft.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I think the majority of us wouldn't know how to by-pass the immobiliser anyway.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Try leaving the ignition key in the "on" position for 120 minutes. The immobiliser bypass time was changed from 1 hour to 2 hours back in the series 2 VS's.

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Really? It's been changed to 2 hours? Thanks very much, I will definitely try it out and let you know. Unfortunately I'm not at the car now and we'll have to try tomorrow.

Thanks Brett ... and what happened to freedom of information? I mean, I know theft is a crime, but passing on this kind of information would be really useful for people in my situation. And there's been quite a few questions like this up here. If someone uses the information illegally that's got nothing to do with it.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Becouse its how you steal. and theft is not just a crime its steeling someones transport and pride and joy so you dont want to go around telling everyone how to steal a car...

nodrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry man, but that's bulls*** ... people who want to steal will still your car without major problems and people like me and others who have asked the same question and have been in a similar situation would appreciate it to be able to save 450 dollars for towing, if it's not necessary. Or you can go ahead and send the 450 $ to my PayPal account, geez.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
^^ Very true, if people want a car, they get it.. Simple....

But the mods tend to jump up and down for obvious reasons when peeps post up ways to get around an anti theft device. And for whats its worth, from memory it actually tells you in the manual how to bypass the immobilizer, as mentioned above.

Sad thing is most people still think their car is safe with a factory immobilizer....

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
be able to save 450 dollars for towing, if it's not necessary.

I can save myself $450 by not dropping said key in water. Accidents happen but don't come to a forum and blame people that don't know you or if you're potentially a thief looking for an easy way of doing a job. Fyi my last key was that worn i went to a key cutter and had another key cut and programmed for $100, followed the instructions given to me and was on my way without any issues.