Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replace VX S2 radio CD unit and back door speakers on wagon

J

jaclyn

Very inexperienced VX driver needs some tips on replacing the larger sized standard stereo/CD unit with new sony explode unit.

How do i fill the hole that will be under the new unit? where do i get it from?

wanting to fit new speakers (round) in back doors... how do i remove the window winding handle... then is it all smooth sailing from there or is there anything else i should know... tips and such.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Have in the past replaced stereo and speakers in a VPS2, but VXS2 has me stumped

Many thanks for any comments

thisispete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
there is heaps on this type of thing in the forum, just use the search link and you will find it

to get the handles off, you are best off going to supacheap and getting a window winder remover. heaps easier and only costs about $5

as for the hole, you get a genuine one from holden and spend about $50 or goto mazda (yes mazda) and tell them what its for they will know straight away. I got mine for about $6 and it pretty much fits. I just taped some cardboard (beer carton) to the outside and it fits snug as.

thisispete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
camvyss said:
Go to Autobarn and get a facia panel as seen here Cam's SS. I know it's a little hard to see but underneath the picture of my headunit there's a new tray in there. They're cheap, no more than $40.

As for your windows, I'll leave that to the car gurus.

yeah the facia panel you can get from Mazda for about $6

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
window winders, you will need to small flat screw drivers and some pacience to remove the spring behind. also you need to jimmy a screw driver under the red bit on the door lock as there is a screw under there as well that needs to be undone.