Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kit Dealer

W

WeeMan

Anyone know where a good body kit dealer is in qld. Preference
Wide Bay
Brisbane
Sunshine coast

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Hey WeeMan I dont live in QLD, so the only one I know of is Fabtech. I heard they were quite good, dunno about their prices but you can check em out here

Fabtech

Good luck champ

Tedee

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I can vouch for Fabtech having seen a really neat VX recently with one of their kits, pricey but you get what you pay for. It was fitted beautifully, no strange gaps and a perfect paint match.

Cheers

Jake

S

sparkles_vp

Hi, look the best way to say this is like jake said, you get what you pay for, ive fitted a fair few kits to all types of cars and blokes come in saying they piked up a full kit for $800 and want it painted and fitted and the drama and extra cost involved just to get them on the car and looking decent isnt worth it! It will cost extra to get it fitting and by the time the kits are finished off for colour you may as well have paid for a decent brand! Sydney Special Vehicles, Fabtech and Talon are the only ones i have come across that are any good for body kits, there are so many shonky crap kits out there so beware! Place in Townsville that deals with these companys and is fairly helpful and would freight id say:

Top Gear(owner Warren Skimming)

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Too right, every car is also slightly different and so is every piece of glass that comes out of the moulds. When even the top name brands are a biatch to fit you don't have to imagine how hard the el cheapo kits are.

Spoken like a true panel beater Sparkles, if only you were down this way

Cheers

Jake

R

Robbie

I concur,

i bought my kit cheap... The panel beater is ready to kill me... I get my car back today. I opted to pay the extra few hundred upon fitting to get it right. My advice is go somewhere like Sydney Special Vehicles and get the real thing and get it fitted properly. If you do it on a tight budget you may regret it. Make sure you have the money to do it before doing it.

I have also found that most panel beaters won't touch a kit that is not a known brand.

Hope this helps

Robbie

W

WeeMan

anyone checkedout the fabtech website. theres some nice **** in there.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I find fabtech a little ricey, the new generation of Riceadores However their products are top quality.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
exactly that 'imitation', although I was referring to their custom veilside style kits I've seen on a few Commodores, front bars in particular.

Only personal opinion though, if you like something go for it