Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ss Inductions

TheLucksta

Reaction score
I've been looking around in the forums lately and i've noticed that nobody really has anything great to say about the SS inductions CAI. However I was just having a look on the SS inductions website, and I noticed that the CAI has an aluminium scoop that redirects air from the grill. It makes sense to me that the ss inductions CAI would get way more air flow because it would be getting heaps of air drawn up through the grill instead of being blocked off by the bonnet like the S/C CAI. But I also have a feeling that the it may be the pipe of the ss CAI that goes from the scoop to the filterbox that might be restricting heaps of air because it appears to be smaller than the throttle body. Thats just what I reckon anyway.

W

WeeMan

now all u need to do is make your engine a $lut so its cai hole gets bigger

D

death-from-above

The price of the SS induction kits are pretty steep to, the VS one at my local autobarn was $250, which is about 5 times what i payed for my S/C one

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
So right about the price death. I went to get the S/C V6 for my VR on the weekend and the guy just said I should get the SS Inductions CAI, totally ignored my request

So I humoured him and let him show it to me, saying it had a bigger mouth, took in more air blah blah blah

Then I remembered something someone said here about CAIs in general...

'...but if the snorkel is the same size, wouldn't it act like a bottleneck still let the same amount of air into the airbox...?'

He shut up real quick

I hate it when you wanna buy something, you know what you want to buy and the salesperson say get the more expensive one.
So I left and got it from someone else

R

Robbie

Hahahah stick it to them Pimpin.... There's no way you'd buy the aftermarket kit on the VS when you can get the S/C one. I opted for the Aunger for my VT. I think they do leave a little to be desired... Not sure about the SS induction one.

Cheers,

Robbie

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
QUOTE (WeeMan @ Mar 22 2004, 08:52 AM) S/C Cai, expand the "s/c" plz
S/C is short for Super Charged

W

WeeMan

there any diffenence between the S/C and the normal v6 cai on the vt?