Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kms To A Tank Of Fuel

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
Hey

I was just wondering how many kms u get out of a full tank of petrol in a VX. The reason i am asking is because im thinking of buying a V6 VX SeriesII Calais and i was just wondering what it will be like on fuel compared to my VP Calais. Also any common problems with a VX Calais would be good, ill be buying 1 with under or very close to 50 000 kays on it so hopefully it shouldnty have any problems.

Cheers

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
get about 600km in mine. mostly at highway speeds. should get better I reckon.
Mine's a six but a s/c 6 will get you about the same as an 8, excellent on the highway but take it anywhere near a built up area and it will :drink: :drink: :drink: .
With an ordinay 6 expect the same consumption as the vp. Weight is considerably more but so is the engine refinement. well as refined as an ecotec can be anyway. No problems as long as you get a series 2. check other posts for specifics.

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
yeah I agree mate 600-700 k's is normal.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
I get about 550-600km to a tank with normal driving conditions, but i do live in a rural area which means my car gets driven at 100km/h daily as well as town driving. Best i've had for highway driving was about 750. We'll find out more just after Christmas when we drive it from northern NSW to Airlie Beach QLD.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
I roughly get between 600 and 650 round town.
Did a trip up to Brissy from Sydney last chrissy
and I reckon I would've come close to 1000ks outta the tank. :D

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
the kays you boys are saying must all be one highways/freeways.
coz if you getting more that 550km per tank it has to be highway.

my VT 6 as well as mates VX 6 get roughly 500km per fuel tank around town if treated very nicely and i mean very nicely. usually 450km which includes a bit of fun.

thats running Ultimate 98 fuel as well

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
DeanoVT said:

my VT 6 as well as mates VX 6 get roughly 500km per fuel tank around town if treated very nicely and i mean very nicely. usually 450km which includes a bit of fun.

1) i'm a girl ;) and 2) i live rurally so "town" driving for me still includes driving at 100km/h for a while every day.

And horror of horrors... i use regular in my VX LMAO :D

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Approx (driving around the city and suburbs) 480 KMs to tank with 20-30 kms left in fuel tank before refueling. Add that together - approx 500 Kms a tank. I have been trialing E10 fuel ( ethanol 10 with 94 octane) - best fuel so far in terms of Kms per tank. I have used various premium type fuels - nothing beats it

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
DeanoVT said:

Heh, 98 fuel is a waste of money.

Anyway, manuals get better fuel economy than autos, so deserthead's comment sounds about right..

Mine's auto, I usually get around 550.

Cheers

V

VT-099

I drive a VT2 6, fill it with Vortex 96, drive around town mostly and do quick spurts down the parkway, usually do around 60Kms in a day, and get about 530 max when driven lightly.

I put a dual exhaust on and now I get about 580. I haven't tried the highways yet though.