Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can someone tell me what is done at 100000km service with Holden?

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Can anyone tell me what is done at the 100000km service?

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
kick the tyres, change the oil, pretty much it.

marcu5

Reaction score
Members Ride
02VX & 07VE SS
And "insert some glorified price to charge here".. lol!!

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Too right.. Want some good advice? Do the oil change yourself..

Holden or a mechanic use some standard bullshit oil they buy in 80litre drums that goes into every other car and they'll charge you heaps for it.

You could buy a much better quality oil and filter from Autobarn and you'd be suprised just how easy an oil change is on a VT or VX.. You don't even need to jack the car up. You can just slide right under and do it.. Simple..

M

mikemutlow

I also have my 100000km service due soon and the dealer advised me last time that I would need the throttle body injectors cleaned (about $200 extra I think!). Seems like money for old rope to me - but I am still trying to work out if I should pay up to keep my 'warranty'. I only recently bought the car and even though it is second hand they offered a 5 year (or 100000km) warranty; the catch is you've got to get it serviced with trhem every 6 months. I've already had one problem with the air bag which was not covered by the warranty ($400 to replace) and I reckon the likely failures will be leaking seals and electronics etc which not covered at all. So I will be thinking very carefully before proceeding.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
mikemutlow said:
I also have my 100000km service due soon and the dealer advised me last time that I would need the throttle body injectors cleaned (about $200 extra I think!). Seems like money for old rope to me - but I am still trying to work out if I should pay up to keep my 'warranty'. I only recently bought the car and even though it is second hand they offered a 5 year (or 100000km) warranty; the catch is you've got to get it serviced with trhem every 6 months. I've already had one problem with the air bag which was not covered by the warranty ($400 to replace) and I reckon the likely failures will be leaking seals and electronics etc which not covered at all. So I will be thinking very carefully before proceeding.
I have to have my VX serviced every 10,000km or 6 months to preserve my warranty from the dealer also.... but i have it serviced by my trusted mechanic rather than the dealer. It's a distance issue for us, but you could try seeing if they will allow you to have it serviced elsewhere and still cover the warranty.

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Yeah i rung 3 holden dealers and they all said the same thing, change oil and check a few little things, mikemutlow - they're just trying to get more money out of you coz i was told by all 3 that they do more at 110000km service. Up here i rungs to zupps outlets and one wanted $195, other was $220 and the 3rd which was an independant dealer wanted $192, pays to shop around if you do take it in.

B

blofly

it's a hard decision to make....you can either trust a 17 year old hungover and red eyed apprentice to perform the needed maintenance on your multi thousand dollar vehicle and sleep well at night knowing that he did a top job like all young blokes endeavour to do everyday at work. They love jumping out of bed in the morning to get covered in oil grease and dust 5 days a week :w00t:
Or you could do the job your self with much higher quality oils, fluids and electrical components and follow the gregorys manual where you are unsure of a task and know that your car is serviced exactly the way you wanted it done :thumbsup:
But if the mechanic is a trustworthy intelligent individual and you feel ok about leaving him the key and willing to shell out the cash then whats the harm in that ;)

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
blofly said:
it's a hard decision to make....you can either trust a 17 year old hungover and red eyed apprentice to perform the needed maintenance on your multi thousand dollar vehicle and sleep well at night knowing that he did a top job like all young blokes endeavour to do everyday at work. They love jumping out of bed in the morning to get covered in oil grease and dust 5 days a week :w00t:
Or you could do the job your self with much higher quality oils, fluids and electrical components and follow the gregorys manual where you are unsure of a task and know that your car is serviced exactly the way you wanted it done :thumbsup:
But if the mechanic is a trustworthy intelligent individual and you feel ok about leaving him the key and willing to shell out the cash then whats the harm in that ;)

Yeah that worries me, if I ever have to take my car to a Dealership I would be worried too. Especially if the 18 year old apprentice needs to take your car for a test drive :w00t:

B

blofly

like a young tyre fitter once told me he needed to test the car now that the new tyres are on just to check for compression lockups!!! W-T-F no prizes for guessing my response to that suggestion :thumbsup: