Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yet another lowering thread

Z

ZER0

Help me!

Im so sorry to post up yet another thread on this topic but i searched my arse off and couldn’t find an answer to a few questions I really need help with.
Im running out of time to get this done and im really having trouble getting good advise, so I would be ever so appreciative of any help you guys could give me!

i have a stock ex police pack VXII (fe2)
my rear shocks are leaking so i decided i may as well lower my car whilst replacing them.

im not wanting to do anything dodgy... im prepared to spend a little more money on getting it done well (with out going over board).
but to save a few dollars i was thinking of just doing the rear with monrows, camber kit and king springs super lows.

>how would this perform / look if i left the front with stock Fe2?

>what if I left my existing shocks on the front with king springs SL, how would that look/ perform?

>When I get some 18” rims will they fit on with out a problem if im lowered on super lows?

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer me!
If any one has a similar lowering set up and could post up a pic or two that would be great as well!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My suggestion, fit the 18's then take it in.

Z

ZER0

thanks for the response... minux, i havent got the cash for the 18's yet tho.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
try and borrow some from a friend? Some places who do suspension and wheels etc will actually fit them for you if they have a set lying round.

Z

ZER0

i called a few wheel shops and they seemed to think they would fit just fine, they say the diameter of the wheel/tyre stays the same.... im getting a friend/mechanic to do the lowering job for me so i dont think il be able to borrow some.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I have another quick question too..
Do the King Springs Lows make much of a difference? Or will I be better off going for the Super Lows? What is the size difference between the two?

Z

ZER0

to my knowlage about 3.5cm between the two... the parts dude told me fe2 is the same as king spring lows.

back to my original post tho, does any one have the answers to my other two questions?

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
ZER0 said:
fe2 is the same as king spring lows.
That is correct.

18's will fit no problems...even 19's will fit. The rolling diamter only slightly changes.

Here is a pic of my VT during the lowering process if it helps ;)

Attachments

• lowering comparison (Medium).jpg
    lowering comparison (Medium).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 278
Z

ZER0

thanks so much for the picture SUPERV6 that was just what i needed... did you get a chance to drive it when you only had the rear done.... if so what didi it drive like?

did you notice an over all improvment in handeling once you had fitted the super lows to the whole car?

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
No I never drove it with just the superlow's in the rear.

It feels similar overall to the FE2 but is slightly better at cornering due to the lower centre of gravity. I dont have too much trouble with speed humps or gutters either.

Remember if you go lower than FE2 you will need shorter shocks to keep the rear springs captive.