Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors. Yes or No?

plasmid2

Reaction score
Dear All,

It's been a while since I last visited. Absolutely loved gaza1970's thread in regards to the home made CAI! Brilliant!

It's almost my birthday and its only a matter of time before my wife asks me what I want for my birthday. After slightly hesitating (making it look like I haven't been thinking about it) I will ask for some extractors. I know there is a lot of entries in this and other websites in regards to extractors. Reading them, talking to mates and of course talking to exhaust shops, has left me a little confused!

I have a VX 01 V6. In terms performance mods, I have a Redback 2 1/2 cat back, and the standard CAI with a K&N panel filter. Not so much worried about brands at the moment, because that seems to be another debate on its own.

So my question is. Are extractors REALLY worth it? What difference does it make to performance and sound? Would love some genuine input. Thanks.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yes extractors are worth it they will give you more peformance than what your exhaust does i had my extractors on before my exhaust so im not too sure how it will affect your sound doing it the other way around

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Extractors become more 'worth it' as you gradually add more supporting mods. You won't gain a whole lot more performance as your exhaust system has already been done. You may gain some slight improvement in fuel economy with the addition of extractors. The exhaust note probably won't change much either as typically its the choice of mufflers and resonators that gives a certain exhaust noise.

Extractors are still worth doing IMHO.

Last edited:
B

blofly

definateley worth it mate it just depends on what power increase you will get with a set. Usually the power will rise between 15-25% depending on mods, I went for a ride in a VS V6 standard which was just plain standard, after a full exhaust with pacemaker extractors it went much better!