Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I need a good price for camber, springs, shocks

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my VX rear end is stuffed... i have to replace all suspension, quote here for parts and fitting $1,660...... where can i buy good cheap parts? maybe i can fit it all myself... i was told the camber kit comes with fitting instructions..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
rofl, rear toe and camber kit is a nightmare to do yourself :D

Biggest problem with getting a good price is you havent told us what brand or equipment youd prefer

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
king, pedders, fulcrum,K-MAC, Gabriel, Monro, eruthene bushes camber and toe 4 piece kit, heavy duty but standard height...

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
Where are ya

Hey mate,

I'd say 1660 is too much for the suspension job. Why dont you just get your parts from repco or something and get someone to install everything for you. If you're in Brissy, try WW shocks at Virginia they do recon and new stuff but they also install suspension, camber kits etc.

Shop around!

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
i got quoted 1200(over the phone, i reckon i could get it cheaper in person) for new rear shocks, all springs and camber kit from fulcrum and pedders.

1600 way to much

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
Thanks for the nvu link hinterland, there's some decent stuff there.
BTW guys - how difficult a job is it to install rear shocks on a VX? Worth doing yourself?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
mitch, yea mate, do it yourself, just bounce the car a few times before doinig up the shock bolts, dont tighten the nuts right up with the car jacked in the air.... do up the nuts 90% of the way, bounce the car to settle the rubbers then tighten the nuts all the way in..

C

cameron4518

Here's my best Advice

repco sell nolathane camber correction kits, one set will set u back $90 i got mine for $71 with a staff discount, u can get king springs of ebay for like $270 for a set of four and get monroe gt gas shocks for the back for about $120 u can fit all that urself if u got a few tools know what ur doing dont kill urself getting the springs out, then u'll need a wheel alignment which might cost u $40-50, id source all the parts from different places looking the cheapest, and not worrying about brands if thats what u want, just look around everywhere, get cheap stuff fit it urself and it will cost u like $400, them wankers at the shop love ripping ppl off with **** u dont need tell em to get ****ed. i went to a shop they were gunna charge me $1200 to lower it, when i can but kings, camber for like like 350 and do it myself, i got some tools a bit of knowhow. neway hope that helped a bit.