Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cai & Yt Stealth Rockers

TheLucksta

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some Yella Terra Stealth Rockers for my ecotech V6, however I only have the stock cold air intake with a K&N filter. I've heard that once you put the Stealth Rockers on, you can hear the engine sucking alot more air out of the airbox. I was just wondering if it would be a good thing (or bad) if I put the Stealth Rockers on before getting a larger CAI. Would there be enough airflow during valve overlap to take full adavantage of the stealth rockers??? I'm hoping that SS inductions will cut their prices soon!!!

W

WeeMan

lmao at ss inidctions cutting their prices. they are currently outragous and their stuff isnt that good anyway

but can someone explain to me what rockers do?

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Try this for a cold air intake on VT onwards (see pic).

Got some of the rockers myself but haven't got around to putting them on yet as the car's gotta go to holden for a suspect valve-train problem, so if i put them on now they'll see em' and go "oh, there's your problem, sorry no warranty". So i gotta wait .
The idea behind them is that the ratio of the rocker greater than standard, 1.8 versus 1.6, thus giving more lift, like a cam would, but somewhere in-between that and stock.
Seen consistant 10kw gain at the wheels on ecotechs with them fitted, i'll put a dyno-graph of a VS on the next post.

TheLucksta

Reaction score
The Yella Terra Stealth Rockers (YTSR) give a similar effect to a lumpier cam, without having to rip the whole engine apart. YTSR come in a 1.8:1 ratio, while the stock rockers are about 1.6:1 (i think). What they do is push the valves in further for a longer amount of time, and then quickly snap them shut so they can get more airflow volume and duration. They can also create valve overlap, which is when the exhaust valves and the intake valves are open at the same time. This allows air to flow straight through and flush out any ramaining exhaust gases. This then results in "fresher" air, which is more efficient to combust. There are also other aspects, such as the reduced friction of the rollor bearings ect ect. Bolting YTSR should result in approximately 10% increase in power and torque, and could probably let the engine rev higher with reduced valve tapping or bounce.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's the dyno-graph i promised. It's a VS auto with cold air intake, pacemakers, 2 1/2" cat back and a K&N filter.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
This one's of a VX auto with the same mods, 3.7 or 3.9 diff gears, but with a standard cold air intake. I wonder if thats let him down a bit in the overall gains.

TheLucksta

Reaction score
hmmmm... thats still pretty decent. It's better then some stock s/c V6's.

R

Robbie

What's it worth to do the mod?

I have K&N filter, Aunger CAI and Cat back exhaust with a chip.. would that reep the benefits?

Cheers,

Robbie

TheLucksta

Reaction score
I think they cost between $500 and $600. There is a big thread on it in Street commodores. You can pretty much bolt them on yourself.