Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how far are people getting out of a tank of fuel around town from their LS1's?

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
As the title reads, how far are people getting out of a tank around town from their Gen III LS1's? (75 litre tank I think)

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
don't really know yet, I haven't yet really filled up a full tank for around town driving. But 30 litres will get me about 220km at least.

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
ummm i think i am getting about 450 - 500km a tank. but Canberra city driving would be very different to any other city driving

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i got 728km around town last week(with mods).

Damn it was frustrating driving so slowly, i dunno how oldies do it.

Normally i get around 550, i found that once i had edit.cam, otrcai etc it made my fuel consumption drop amazingly(until i give it a little)

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
I get 400ks if im lucky. Usually have to fill up between 65-70 litres. But I'm a young driver so it doesnt count. I use Optimax Extreme now, seems to last longer and more low end response.

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
dam!
I get 350 - 400 average off a tank....
So it gets driven on weekends....thats it!

I have used $35 going from Neutral bay to smithfield...so anyone complaining needs not to!

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
the other day i went through about a quarter tank and drove about 30km hahaha damn that was fun

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
All of you who have bad fuel economy, you guys had a tune? If not i suggest you get a tune and zorst...trust me econmy will change..

I use Optimax Extreme now, seems to last longer and more low end response.

ewwww ethanol

the other day i went through about a quarter tank and drove about 30km hahaha damn that was fun

I dot hat every now and then, but it gets too scary when you see fuel use average arund the 60 per 100 mark

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
What size petrol tanks do the stock LS1 VT/X have? I realise that there may be a long range fuel tank option but as far as I know they are a 75 litre tank standard in either the V6 or LS1......but can someone verify that?

The point I am making here is that it seems that 450 km's seems to be the average around town from what you people have said about your own LS1's.
Now I think that is very good considering the performance these engines have on tap (let alone with mods) :yeah:

I know I discussed this in another thread but I can only see about 500km's max
around town out of my VX Ecotec and could get it as low as 400km's or less with a heavy right foot, it does seem that the modern V8 is not as thirsty as it used to be.

I'm a dad with kids, so the car is generally "dad's taxi" so it doesn't get much spirited driving so the fuel consumption I get is from relatively light throttle use but I live in the hills so that would make a bit of a difference.

Oh and thanks for your input everyone so far, you have all been a great help :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
75 litre is standard across the board