Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

130k Service

philscat

Reaction score
Hi all
I've asked this question elsewhere, but I want to ask it here. I'm up for a service on my VT, and I'm gunna get it done at a Holden dealer. (3 year Network Q warranty).
Anyone know what these guys charge for a standard service, on a car that is in Excellent condition?

T

t3zza

Mate to be honest it depends what they do. To get a good idea see what they have to do. For the 130k services its just normal one, so it shouldn't be more than 200 bucks. But it all depends if they don't find anything else wrong though. My VT SS service at the 80k cost me a grand but then the 100k was only 300 bucks so yeah.... hehehehe good luck mate.. hope this helps a bit,,

Tez

philscat

Reaction score
A grand at 80K? Thats pretty heavy. What sorta stuff did they do?

T

t3zza

Everything, its a major service. They did all the leads, spark plugs, drained the diff, pwr steering, transmission etc. They also adjusted the clutch and yeah few other things but I think V8 costs more to service in general. With my gf's VX hers cost around 200 bucks for a normal service that is pretty standard.

I must say though I always serviced my previous cars, the good thing these days is that they hook it up to computer and see if any of the small things or electronics are stuffed up or needs attention. Thats the unfortuniate thing with modern cars, OHHH and the fact that you need to get it done for warrenty

philscat

Reaction score
Much appreciated t3zza, thanx for the info. I'll let ya know how i go!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I have the 3 year warranty also. All services, at 10,000 intervals, are $170.00

philscat

Reaction score
Thanx folks.
Anything under $200 will be a bonus!

T

t3zza

REALLY, hrmmm must be a bit more up here in QLD. oh well thats not to bad then at the end of the day.

S

surik677

You can go to an independant if they are an accredited machanic , i have used my own for the past 5 yrs after getting a bill from Holden for $600.00 (10,000ks)even charging me for replacement and disposal of the coolent ,so i went to him and still keep my warranty up and filling in the books.
Example is my disks needed to be replaced he pulled them of took them to Holden who sent them to HSV they sent the new ones strait to him he sent them a bill for the lobor Hsv sent him a cheque .