Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kit

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Does anybody know what type of plastic material the bumpers are made out of??
I'm looking into a body kit, but I don't want to get a cheap fibreglass imitation that would crack easily.

D

death-from-above

I think the good ones are made out of polyurethane....

could be wrong but could be right

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I can't remember the real name but its actually a type of plastic. IF a body kit was made of fibreglass and something hit against it, it would crack where as if it was made of this plastic stuff, it would just stay stiff or would bend. This doesn't mean it still can't crack, it just means its stronger.

T

t3zza

To my knowledge they use ABS plastic with the origanal bumpers....

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
QUOTE (death-from-above @ Apr 13 2004, 04:41 PM)I think the good ones are made out of polyurethane....

could be wrong but could be right 
Thats exactly what I thought too

D

dragrat

On the subject of Kits and has probs been asked & answered before.. does anyone know of a place in Bris West/Ips area that supplies and fits?

Want to keep it simple.. low profile spoiler, get rid of the 'black outs' & trims Thats about it. Same with window tint & lowering... any suggestions. Have white VT so want to 'do it up' but not over do it.

Cheers

Tracy

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Dark tinting looks sweet on a white car!!! I'd go the SS or Clubspoet spoiler, not the s-pac one... they look like a mini ironing board.

D

dragrat

QUOTE (TheLucksta @ Apr 15 2004, 06:44 PM)Dark tinting looks sweet on a white car!!! I'd go the SS or Clubspoet spoiler, not the s-pac one... they look like a mini ironing board.
LOL I hate ironing..so do not wanna drive a board.

B

Big_Red

bodykit

yeah i think the good ones are polyurthane or something like that ive got a vt-vx one made by C2R and u can runover it or jump on it and it bends back into place. and no i havent tested it so its not damaged its brand new in its box. lol