Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S/C Painted Engine Cover: Mine finally done!

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Sister in law is heaps artistic, i rekon this is great, but she wants to start it again after the holidays coz she's not happy with the finish.. I'm happy if she wants to, but I love it so far!

Pics:
b_001.sized.jpg

b_016.sized.jpg

I know theres a thread for this on the VS forum, and i'll post these pics there as well, just thought it deserved its own thread here as its the first S/C engine cover i've seen done :)

Visit my Gallery at VIDGuide to view the rest of the pics, including the nice shiney engine below without the cover!

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
can you tell me how to paint plastic.... i'm gonna paint mine too...

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
Plastic Primer :) I sanded mine back in the rough spots .. had a lot of worn/lifted parts, especially around the lettering .. sand back to fiberglas any uneven/rough parts, you don't have to do the whole thing, just a brush over with sandpaper to give it a rough surface. Clean it with prepsol or other pre-painting cleaner, spray it with 1-2 coats of plastic primer (read directions on can for timing, etc) then a few coats of plastic paint in the colour of your choice. Lettering done with plastic paint by hand with a brush :)

See your local auto parts place for paint/cleaner/primer/etc.. Got all of mine from Supercheap..

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
That looks good mate. Tell your sister well done.