Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Holden Service Centre .......

Stimps

Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Commie
Gave my local Service Centre at GMH a call to find out about service pricing . Was pleased to find my 80,000 coming up will only-around cost $400 , 80k is a biger service than normal so the service bloke said . And only $130 for the others to come too .

I think that is fair pricing as some other service centres , major retail names and private workshops ( performance ) .

What are your thought on this ?

Do you go to Holden for service or , is it better to go places like Midas , K-Mart , Bob the Builders Backyard Mechanical , Finally , or go to the Brock Shop , etc .

S

Sparkie

I have a friend that is a machanic not saying that this does happen but he sees a lot of cars that have just been to one of th big boys for a service and it looks as thought the oil filter has not been changed he has told me many stories of things like this belive me this is one of the good ones.

R

rattattack1313

Read around a bit ,mate....I am sure you will work out how to do an awful lot of a service yourself, then just get the mechanic to do what you can't....that's how I do it , anyways........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
would just like to say that i used to work at holden dealer (mechanic, service advisor, warranty clerk) and even i thought there prices were way too much. i believe the labour rate is now about $98 retail. (stuff that i say)
anyways i do the odd backyarder or lots and for an 80k service on a vt v6 i usually charge $150 incls parts, oil and labour. i mean the service consists of oil and filter change, plugs, air filter and fuel filter plus your general safety check, top up fluids etc.
that's just to give you a bit of and idea.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
rattattack1313 said:
Read around a bit ,mate....I am sure you will work out how to do an awful lot of a service yourself, then just get the mechanic to do what you can't....that's how I do it , anyways........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yep, same here.
Save a few bucks, don't be afraid to have a crack, even at the little things like top ups and air filter and stuff.