Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which models had tyre chewing problems?

ascension24

Reaction score
Ive read many complaints but not one post stating exactly what models were affected by this bodgy IRS or whatever it was.

Does anyone know? or have a good article about it, as im going to bet buying a VT or VX soon and would def wanna stear clear of this problem.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Well, it seems if ya wanna buy one, get a vx series 2.
I think they sorted it out.....I think!

ascension24

Reaction score
So, were the problems seen in the very first VTs made off the line? was it a random thing, or a very common problem, 1 in every 100 or so? etc

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunno mate, i just did mine in my series 2 vt but reading some of the posts here it seems it was quite common among most vt's and vx series ones.
The guys that did mine said they do heaps of vt's and that they do alot of vx's too but seemed to think they solved the problem with the series 2.

ascension24

Reaction score
Just did yours? as in you got it fixed?

What exactly did they change/replace and how much if you dont mind me asking.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
O.k, they lifted the ass end up a bit, in order to do this they drilled two new holes to get more height.
They had to replace one back shock cause it was destroyed along with 2 new tyres, the reason they re-drilled was to get more adjustment, i have to say that it rides heaps better, as well as sits better.
By the time i did all that it was as follows:

2 tyres: 300 bucks
Camber kit: 500 bucks (labour included in price)
Rear shock: Havn't got the bill yet!!!
All in all pretty good i thought, depends where you take it and who you know.

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
I thought all models with IRS have tyre wearing problems as far back as VN Group A's

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
VN group A had IRS?

Anyways, for me ive only seen one of about 50 cars(people with vt's vx's) have the chewing out problem, that was my gf's VT SS. Fixed for $460 at pedders never had a problem since. Under warranty holden told us to take it there rather than use their own fix :p

N

Night

minux said:
VN group A had IRS?

Anyways, for me ive only seen one of about 50 cars(people with vt's vx's) have the chewing out problem, that was my gf's VT SS. Fixed for $460 at pedders never had a problem since. Under warranty holden told us to take it there rather than use their own fix :p

Thats the point, every car doesn't have this problem to the same degree. So if it works on one car it might not work the same on others now will it Or is that just a little out of you league to understand. Plus if you read your warrenty it will also tell you that any work caried out by a third party will void your warrenty, Incase you don't understand that it meens go out and get pedders to fix it and if they can't fix it then your warrenty is worth jack and you got no leg to stand on legally.

N

Night

Again, the dealer has tried twice but to no avail, so if they can't get it right then what chance do pedders have. Lets all burry our heads in the sand like some other people have and pretend the problem isn't there