Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DBA Slotted or Cross Drilled Rotors

I

Invasion SS

I am a few days off buying new rotors for my ss ute. Which rotors are the best & for what reason. I've heard that the cross drilled crack around the holes from the heat.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Invasion SS said:
I am a few days off buying new rotors for my ss ute. Which rotors are the best & for what reason. I've heard that the cross drilled crack around the holes from the heat.
the cross drilled and slotted are the best for performance. the holes reduce friction and the slots bite into the pad and keep them clean.
ive had the cross drilled and slotted rotors on mine for about 3 years now, and have never cracked. maybe if you do some circuit racing they may... i know the wrx ones crack, so people just think they all do.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
If you get cross-drilled, get them through a reputable manufacturer, with a full warranty (DBA is a good start). I would not trust an aftermarket back-yarder with cross drilling vent holes with my brakes - potential for excess heat, stress etc..

S

sc0pe

rotors are cross drilled to dissapate heat and gas. slots basically clean the pad and stop glazing.

ive had cross drilled and slotted rotors on the front for years and never had a problem.
only run slotted on rear as i have a tendency to warp rear rotors regardless