Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vt commodore

W

Whitevtberlina

im looking at purchasin king springs low or either superlows, i know that lows will lower my car 30mm and superlows will lower it 60 mm taking it down to just legal height of 130mm if my car is to be lowered with superlows will new shocks have to be put in so my car does not bottom out........

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
How many kms has your car done? My mechanic suggested that I get different shocks mainly because I had high kms. If you're gonna get superlows I reckon get the shocks done as well. You'll feel the difference in your cornering and everything else. Get superlows though, lows just aren't enough!

vy sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
Best way to show you..

Stock Springs & Suspension

P1050017.JPG

With SuperLow Springs & Stock Suspension

p10000042be.jpg

Overall with SuperLows All round & Stock Suspension

p10000035kl.jpg

Also invest $4XX is a camber kit... will save you alot in the long run ;)

vy sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
I think he gipped you! :p doesnt look like you had **** all done :|

S

sandor

vy sammy, just a question how much of the ground is your car with the kit on? im contemplating very hard on wether to go just normal lows or superlows with my vy kit on. nice ride btw....

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
Spyper, give us the part numbers on the springs.
il look them up at work and let you know what they are..
my cars on lows all round and looks like yours (minus the mags).
thing is lows and super lows cost the same. when i lowered mine i putnew front bearing plates and bearings in.
also put a fkn rear camber kit in too. no one wants to spend money on them but everyone who doesnt complains about there tyres..

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
it looks higher than the factory FE2 springs I had.. I would definitly look into the part numbers as Matrix has suggested.. It just looks too high for even lows..

W

Whitevtberlina

Thanks for the help guys, yeh a camber kit is already lined up for when i get the springs put in also a front end alignment, i think superlows is the go as was said in another reply lows and superlows are the same price so might aswell just go superlows. thanks again

vy sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec S2
sandor said:
vy sammy, just a question how much of the ground is your car with the kit on? im contemplating very hard on wether to go just normal lows or superlows with my vy kit on. nice ride btw....

About About 3inchs all around... i think.. ill double check for you later... :yeah: