Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dealer Service

philscat

Reaction score
Hi all
Just got my VT II wagon serviced - $208.00 which i reckon is a bit steep. ( Don't reckon they did much, either!)
Any way of getting around the compulsory dealer service when you have a NetworkQ warranty?
Love to hear some other experiences....

T

TBAct

Compulsory servicing by Holden? I know that compelling a customer to get their new car serviced by a specific manufacturer or place is illegal. This is termed anti-competitive, and the ACCC has plenty to say about this.

I would think the same would apply to the extended warranty that NetworkQ offers? The main thing is that the services are performed by competent tradesman to the service specifications required.

I reckon you should get in touch with your states Department of Fair Trading, or whatever they are called, and have a quiet word.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
They can tmake you go to dealer as said above might have to have t done by a lisenced service mechanic, i know that midas or Auto masters do log book services.

R

Robbie

I have some sort off warranty.. extended.. not sure where from... but it states I have to get it serviced at my place of purchase. no way around it.. I feel if you have a problem with that youdon't sign on the dotted line until the issue is resolved...

I hope this doesn't spark an argument... i don't agree with the practice but you really have no leg to stand on if you sign up with those terms.

Cheers,

Robbie

C

clinker1212

yep--- you'll find that a lot of products you buy have terms like this under the warranty. I am pretty sure its legal too. Next time (if you have the time) stay there while he services it. Might shed some light on what he does and how long it takes Then you have stronger grounds to query the price.

My 130km service cost $159 for my VS here in QLD and it was a simple service. (I don't think they did much either)

Clint

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Vt II

I have the same problem with my car a VT II 'S' Pack when it comes to serviceing and Holden.... I brought my car 2nd hand from Holden got the nice flashy Holden Certified Warrenty appart from it costing me an arm and a leg or two each time I get it service and I have to by them, they do nothing but what anyone could do in their backyard (Oil changed, raditor topped up, replace a light globe, etc) basic stuff thats when they even do it! Twice I have had my car come back to me not finished or the air filter wasn't even in.

I found phoneing Holdens head office in Melb and making an offical complaint got some things fixed easier but they still charge you an arm and a leg and till this day I cannot wait to get rid of the warrenty (Wish there was a way out without having to sell the car!)

Oh, and if you want to make a warrenty claim well it just get wrose....

Chris.

R

Robbie

daggett said:
Oh, and if you want to make a warrenty claim well it just get wrose....
Chris.
I rang to book my car in for warranty repair... was told I had to wait over 2 weeks. So another person i work with rang up to book in for a paid service and could getin anytime in the next week!!!!!!!

Bastards