Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's A Good Price For A New Diff?

D

d hsv

Hi, I'm looking at getting an LSD with 3.45 ratios for my 5.0L VT.

Just wondering what I could expect to pay, as I don't want to get ripped off.

Also, what do you think the chances would be of my insurance company pulling the diff apart if I stacked the car, because I'm not allowed to do ANY mods...

Cheers, Daniel.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
QUOTE Also, what do you think the chances would be of my insurance company pulling the diff apart if I stacked the car, because I'm not allowed to do ANY mods...

No idea bout the price, but i wouldnt screw wit the insurace company, they will do anything to get out of paying a claim....... they took a photo of my engine just for a crack in my bumber!

G

Grantis1976

OK, I'll try to cover both for you !

The diff. parts are available new, which is a better option.....just dearer.

As for the insurance....ask them! If its a factory option for your vehicle, they shouldnt have a problem. Just keep in mind that they are not completly stupid these days too! They DO know that a 5.7L & 6 spd were NOT an option in a Exec. or Calais.!!!

Good Luck !!!

T

t3zza

If you have a V8 the LSD diff is standard on the VT's. So it should be in your insurance already.... :D

W

WeeMan

t3zza said:
If you have a V8 the LSD diff is standard on the VT's. So it should be in your insurance already.... :D

i though that would depend if u had the gen3 or not. correct me if im wrong but the gen3 ls1 didnt come till vt2

T

t3zza

Yeah nar thats true mate, but the aussie V8 in the VT's came with LSD standard. Just looking at the booklet, all the SS came standard alone with the exec with V8 option etc. So I am pretty sure it does mate, but I am not 100%... Cheers