Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer chip for VT SS 5.0L... HOLMART?? Whats out there for reasonable price...

T

t3zza

I have a VT SS, 5 litre and I wondering what else is out there for around the $200 mark for a enhancement chip wise. I have looked around but most places are around the $500 mark, but www.holmart.com.au sell a chip that claims increase power up to 195kw for only $180. Has anyone bought or know of anyone who has purhcased a chip from holmart and if they are worth while getting. I heard that changing ur chips could affect the way the car idels, etc and make it worse... (read that from other forums in here) This is why I am a bit worried about getting one that is cheap. Cheers :confused:

Terry

dsvtss

Reaction score
It just sounds too good to be true doesn't it! My guess is that it may be a piggyback type of chip, instead of a replacement memcal. The best bet would be to ring them and talk to them about it

T

t3zza

yeah its a piggy, it just replaced the old chip in the ecu.. so you recon this isn't worth it then at the end of the day.....

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
The Holmart chips are replacement memcals mapped by a HSV Programmer. You won't find anything cheaper. The VT memcals actually firm up the auto shifts along with very mild fuel and ignition maps for optimum performance on premium fuel. They aren't over the top maps and run very well, for $70 they can be remapped to suit the application. Great for those who live in Melbourne as I'm sure you could pay a little extra and have it mapped properly on a dyno.

Cheers

Jake

R

Robbie

Yup,
jake put me onto Holmart a little while ago... i got a chip for my VT Berlina V6... and I am happy withth e results... better shifting, noticble power gains (It's still only a 6 :(). Really for $180 you can't go wrong. If you call them ask for Lee.. I found him better on the phone than others. I am having a problem with an engine warning light coming on but the light is just to do with a remapped memcal. This is not normal for their chips.

Cheers,

Robbie

jerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina 1999
where do u order them from???

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
MACE do them and perhaps holmart.com.au ?