Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VT

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Im looking at getting a VT in about 3 or 4 months, what can i expect to pay fro one, with a good interior and exterior, k's dont really matter preferrably not to high, nad will extras like cruise etc be anymore in a private sale.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
seen a few Series 1 calais 6's for around the 10-12 mark, tidy decent km's etc, basically you will pay for what you want in the end

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
minux said:
seen a few Series 1 calais 6's for around the 10-12 mark, tidy decent km's etc, basically you will pay for what you want in the end

Yeah only asking because ive seen a few in the paper for as low as 7k, seems a very cheap price considering what ive seen the guys on here pay for thiers. Looking to spen around maybe 10 but dont want to go overboard.

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Anybody Else.

B

Binary

I would consider a Berlina of you can afford one - they are well priced and come with many of the calais options (elec windows, climate control, cruise etc). Around 10k should get you one, but if you pay around 12k you should be able to get a nice one in series 2 afaik.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Binary said:
I would consider a Berlina of you can afford one - they are well priced and come with many of the calais options (elec windows, climate control, cruise etc). Around 10k should get you one, but if you pay around 12k you should be able to get a nice one in series 2 afaik.

yep...spot on mate...def. go tha Berlina...10K should get you a decent 1 with around 120km's on tha clock...I'm on tha hunt for a Berlina myself atm......

Cheers,
Infin8

Power21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC sle '81
Seems like good advice, anybody else pick up a bargain?

waza327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Melb in Oct 05, I bought an SS supercharged VT 1998 model for $12,000. It had 137,000 klms when i bought it, and all i can say is go for a supercharged model. Lots of room for power gains and when you put the boot in you wont be disappointed , even std they go a lot harder than the std VT for around the same price.

So far I have had no problems car fully checked by RACV and my mechanic and i love it. Now my misses loves it and i have to drive the 4WD to work and back each day.
But theres always the weekend for some boosting.

Cheers and goodluck.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Only problem is petrol consumption.. It's gonna chew heaps and it'll be 95RON (at least)..

Depends on what you're after.. If you want something fast, go for the supercharged.. It's the perfect option..

If you just want a VT to get from point A to B, look for something on gas.. That's what I've done and I haven't looked back.. Or just get a normal VT..

But the S/C VT has a lot of potential..

waza327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Only chews juice when you drive hard. Running on 98 bp ultimate with half city, half highway it is better than my VN which was gussling 13 litres a hundred.

But you are right give it heaps all the time and it will cost. But still better than a V8. And much more fun.

Go the supercharged you will love it