Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre Pressure

S

syth

Hi what is the required tyre pressure for Holdern Commodore VT Executive.
Is it different for front and rear tyres....
Thanks.....

bordi1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you have a look on the drivers door, when you open it up, there is a sticker that says tyre placard. Its above the lock at the end of the door. It will have suggested tyre pressures for the standard size tyres. Usually you would run approx 32 psi in them. Hope this helps.

slick_red_VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
hey mate used to work for bridgestone and we recomended 36 psi all round for better economy and tyre wear

bordi1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
It depends on your tyre size too i believe. Some performance tyres suggest you inflate them a little harder. If you over inflate you are going to wear the tyres out in the middle. Under inflation will wear them out on the outsides. Give your local tyre place a call, tell them your tyre size and they will recommend the best pressure.

chippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive 3.8l s1, vs s ute 5.0l s3
34-36 psi for the front and 32 psi for the back, you need more in the front because most of the weigth is there

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
What about when you floor it and the ass end drops down, pressure > weight ;)

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
i keep mine at 40 psi the ride is a little bumpy but this pressure gives me the best tire wear and fuel economy and grip especially in the wet.

After putting it up i noticed the reduction in drag caused by the tires when compared to when i ran them at 35psi.

I have got 4x Goodyear Decaro GA's on my car and when i got my alignment done i found that i am one of the lucky ones with a series 1 VT that does NOT suffer from the camber problems common with VT's.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I run 36psi on my WHII. I'm also one of the lucky ones, no wear problems for me either with the IRS.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
batemada said:
i keep mine at 40 psi the ride is a little bumpy but this pressure gives me the best tire wear and fuel economy and grip especially in the wet.

After putting it up i noticed the reduction in drag caused by the tires when compared to when i ran them at 35psi.

I have got 4x Goodyear Decaro GA's on my car and when i got my alignment done i found that i am one of the lucky ones with a series 1 VT that does NOT suffer from the camber problems common with VT's.
Higher pressure will give less traction.
I run mine at 36PSI all round.