Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt v6 auto trans problem

bordi1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey guys,
lately ive noticed that my auto transmission is taking a while to change from first into second gear. It seems okay when giving it a heap but when granny driving you really notice it. Changes fine through all other gears. Its not reving out as though its slipping, just taking time to change.
Have changed the fluid and tried resetting the ecu. Doesnt seem to make any difference. Began to notice it round the time i changed to a larger bore throttle body. Also tried throttle position sensor. Still the same. Anyone have any ideas?

vt_hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS HBD
give it a service

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Id be having a good look at the fluid level on the dipstick when hot and making sure it is correct. Dextron is of course the correct fluid to go back into the tranny. I take it you fitted the new strainer in the tranny correctly and got the correct deep dish pan kit? Secondly if all this is correct then a look at the TPS switch would be next to make sure that it is fitted correctly but if it is not then usually a check engine light may come on indicating a problem here. I have seen a problem with the TPS and the light not come on so double check your fitting as you did say that it seemed to occur after you fitted the throttle body!!