Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust.. What kind?

V

VtBerlina_3800

hey guys, im getting an exhaust for my v6 vt and wondering what setup is the best, what sounds best and what one gives most power.
thanks

hoarey85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
VtBerlina_3800 said:
hey guys, im getting an exhaust for my v6 vt and wondering what setup is the best, what sounds best and what one gives most power.
thanks

well i hav got a full 21/2 inch system and pacemaker extractors without a "CAT" and i would highly reccomend this system but with the "CAT" because mine is far far tooo loud and with the "CAT" it will sound much much nicer, you will be looking at around $1200 for this type of system, and i notice a sure difference, i just ran my car at the drags and i got a 15.577sec 1/4mile at 144km/h but there is still alot of room for improvement.. my car is up in members rides and you can see exactly what i have done to my VT in there...

V

VtBerlina_3800

i have extractors coming already, and i have a bored throttle body ss induction cai and a custom hsv chip. so with extractors and a new exhaust sould i be running 15's yeh?
so a full 2 1/5 inch system with a cat what about resonators???

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
VtBerlina_3800 said:
i have extractors coming already, and i have a bored throttle body ss induction cai and a custom hsv chip. so with extractors and a new exhaust sould i be running 15's yeh?
so a full 2 1/5 inch system with a cat what about resonators???

leave it to the exhaust shop. they know what theyre doing

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
how much louder is it minus the cat?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Running without a cat is expensive... will cost you $2k when you get EPA'd :)

Not to mention the carbon monoxide you will be pumping out.

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
isnt it against the law to not have a CAT converter. are you sure you mean a CAT anyway, sounds like you may mean one of the rear resonators or mufflers?

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
matrix said:
isnt it against the law to not have a CAT converter. are you sure you mean a CAT anyway, sounds like you may mean one of the rear resonators or mufflers?

thats what i thought, no muffler shop would be stoopid enuff to not put one on. well you would think