Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Me Please

C

coona

hey guys how ya goin i hav a vt 2000 model stock as can be. i am in grade 11 at skool and there is 2 kids that hav the same car they both hav exhausts from the catbak that sound tuff as i was wondering wat could i do without buying extractors to make mine sound even tuffer and turn heads :driving: thanks guys any feedbak is appreciated

Z

Z()LTAN

yeah hey mate and welcome to the LC forums

What ull need to do is get a 2.5" catback exhaust with a nice chrome tip, i find that the big oval omes make a good revurberation. Depending on ur money situation, gettin some mandrel bends in it will make it perform better. Get one middle mufler and no rear, and no hotdog for the love of god... Oh and also no reasonator... U can get a 2.5" catback with press bends and a good chrome tip dome for around $250 installed. Just talk to ur local exhaust specialst :)

C

coona

thanks alot mate so u think that will make me sound beta than the other punks ?? and also i am willign to spend bout 450 so if there is anythin else i can do for a lil more money let me kno cheers buddy

Z

Z()LTAN

well for 450 u wont get extractors too.. get the catback for now and maby a nice sound system:) In the pic thats what my chrome tip looks like :) real nice i think and the next is a very avergage recording of my exhaust sound from 9 mtrs away with my phone. SOund great man and its the 3.8 v6 too :)

Attachments

• S40100166.JPG
    S40100166.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 269
  • Record000.zip
    632.9 KB · Views: 188

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
lol!!!
how does a tip do anything to the sound of an exhaust? ? ?

Unless of course its a milo tin. . . .

Z

Z()LTAN

no rlly it does, im not too sure how but im sure it does make a diff sound.. and look great

R

Ralgon

for 450 should get hi flow cat +21/2 setup. if you still want low idle noise(keeps coppers off your back) leave the resonator in. just dont do a home job like i saw on a try hard :rice: the other night. blue bird with homemade 3", but it looked like he just had some down pipe from someones gutter and welded it on :rofl:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ralgon said:
for 450 should get hi flow cat +21/2 setup. if you still want low idle noise(keeps coppers off your back) leave the resonator in. just dont do a home job like i saw on a try hard :rice: the other night. blue bird with homemade 3", but it looked like he just had some down pipe from someones gutter and welded it on :rofl:
Any half decend 2.5" cat will be $300+, and quite frankly pointless on a stock 6.
AirStrike :air:

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
coona said:
hey guys how ya goin i hav a vt 2000 model stock as can be. i am in grade 11 at skool and there is 2 kids that hav the same car they both hav exhausts from the catbak that sound tuff as i was wondering wat could i do without buying extractors to make mine sound even tuffer and turn heads :driving: thanks guys any feedbak is appreciated
Far out what are all these kids doing robbing banks vt's in year 9 :drink:
Cuckoo

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
:rofl: he's 25 yrs old and just a bit of a slow learner... most likely gets kept in after school by his sexy female teacher to do extra tuition in (i'll leave this to your imagation HA HA )..... :drink: wish i was back at school... teachers now WOW.. :)