Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing 1 window cluster with a 3 window

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
Hi guys, I'm looking at replacing my single window cluster with a 3 window one. I got a series 2 S. Is there anything else I will need to get it to work as it should?

Cheers,

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i read in here that its okay to do it... i tried to find the back threads but cant... from memory theres no probs in doing it... after reading i too was gonna buy a 3 window for my 2000 VX exec

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
If you get a secondhand one (more than100 km on it ) you will not be able the get the km's changed and if you go from a dash from a 6 to 8 cylinder car or the other way around you have to get the tacho reset.
Tyre size also matters.
I get mine reset by holden on Monday and I was quoted around $40.-.
I let you know about the outcome.
achimw

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
just comparing the 2 dial faces leads me to believe that u wouldn't have to get the techo reset, just the speedo recalibrated. It would seem on the techo side the only difference between the V6 and V8 dials is the V8 hit redline at a higher rpm (6000 as apposed to the V6s 5500).
What I plan on doing is getting a 3 window cluster and replacing the dial face with a color coded V6 one (which I have already purchased). I beleive that replacing the face means I dont need anything recalibrated.

However I do wish to make sure all 3 windows display something without the need of buying anything extra.

Hope somebody can answer this question, and if I'm wrong with the dials please let me know.

Cheers

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
I think you are wrong , as i have ,as you can read in the previous post,have replaced the single cluster dash in my V8 VT2 SS Commodore with a three window cluster from a V6 VT Berlina. The tacho redline is the same in both starting at 5500rpm. The only think that does not work properly is the tacho !!!!! I talked to Holden and they confirmed that there is a different setting for V8's and V6's. (Normal rpm @110km/h is 2000 and now is 1400)
achimw

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
do all 3 windows work after plugging it in?

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
Everythink except the tacho workes fine on mine .

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
do all 3 windows work after plugging it in?

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
ignore that one

cool that the windows work fine

so from everything you've said the speedo still shows correct speed?

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
The speedo works fine. I was quoted $40 by holden to adjust the dash....
achimw