Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Prob's

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Hi,
I have a noisy diff and just had the car serviced and got them to look at it coz its under waranty. The mechanic came for a test drive and said it was noisy lsd cones. I don't think it is, but He and Holden say that i can fix it by adding LSD FRICTION MODIFIER made by DANA. Has anyone used this or know if its worth trying ? Coz they want $177 for around 100mls .

9C1pack

Reaction score
The price of the additive seems dear!
Holden use cheap mineral oil, replace it with some synthetic oil. I had mine replaced with "Castrol SAF-XA SAE 80w-140 GL5" Full synthetic oil (do a google search and follow the link from Castrols technical page) which has the Sturaco 7098 additive already in it. I think it costs about $30 per litre retail (takes 2 litres) it would be about $100 to replace the diff oil with this.
My diff still creaks occassionally when turning hard corners slowly on a hard surface (like reversing out of angle parks) but nothing like it was doing, and the LSD works well.

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Thanks for the info, i'll look into it more. By the way my waranty does not cover any fluids.