Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX II twin 2" Exhaust sound

VXIIwagdf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Wagon dual fuel
I'm looking at putting extractors onto my V6 VXII wagon. Guy doing it suggests twin 2" exhaust from the cat back.

Apparently they were standard on the V8 but a lot chuck 'em to get something bigger, so the twin 2" system is in fact a secondhand, stainless steel, genuine holden jobbie.

Does anybody have any experience of what they sound like (especially on a V6) as I don't want something loud - don't mind a good sound under hard accel. but don't really want any extra sound at cruise speeds.

Quote is $800 with pacemaker headers.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I got a twin 2.5 Sureflow system.. sounds a treat even without headers/hi-flow cats.

mild only cost me 700... it's a custom system not off the shelf..

but i got a gen3.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
There is a post hanging around about a V8 SS exhaust on a 6 and the conclusion was it will probably be quieter because the V8 exhaust has more engine noise to cancel out.
If you do get the exhaust, go and get new less restrictive mufflers put in and even exclude the rear resinator like i did.
Sounds great that way but i have 2 1/2"

VXIIwagdf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Wagon dual fuel
Thanks for the info chevy. I take it then that the standard twin 2" system is in fact a quiet one. Is the V8 with that system as quiet as the V6 with its standard system?

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Theres heaps of options.. You could get an off the shelf system like Redback. They will only set you back say 400-500 for catback. Just get no resonators if u want nice sound.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
I had 2.5 twin catback with twin dogs at the rear, no extractors on my V6 before I traded the car. Possibly the best sounding V6 in perth

oh and it cost me $900

V

VT_Exec_HSV

I have a series 1 VT HSV V8 wreck that has a high flow twin system. I rang an exhaust place and they said it would not fit to my series 2 exec V6. Does anyone know if it will fit it onto my V6, what effect it will have on power/noise and have any recommendations for someone that could make it fit in Sydney?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
are you having twin cats or just 1 cat... where is that you got your exhaust from... i'd like to get the same system....

_VX_S_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S
INSINR8R said:
I had 2.5 twin catback with twin dogs at the rear, no extractors on my V6 before I traded the car. Possibly the best sounding V6 in perth

oh and it cost me $900

Hey INSINR8R, wher bouts in Perth did you go to get it done?