Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Rotors

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
My rotors need changing on my VXSS. I was told by a holden mechanic that after market slotted ones are better than stock because they don't suffer from brake shudder as much and stay cooler when braking hard. Where can i get some or am i wasting my time? stock rotors are about $140 a wheel from holden

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
most local brake joints will have groved rotors off the HSVs coz the owners come in and do a upgrade on the rotors. rotors basically brand new.

your location would help

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
DBA make a decent slotted rotor.
Part #
DBA040SL front left
DBA040SR front right
DBA041SL rear left
DBA041SR rear right

If your doing disc pads Bendix ultimate is a very good street performance pad. The pursuit cop cars use them.
DB1344ULT (Front police pad) DB1332ULT (Rear)

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Thanx guys, any idea what i should be paying for the DBA front rotors?
I'm sydney based.

Girl Torque

VL Calais 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais.. etc
BUNDYSS said:
Thanx guys, any idea what i should be paying for the DBA front rotors?
I'm sydney based.
I reckon I paid $150 per rotor about 5 years ago? They were rarer then (x drilled and slotted)

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
unless your gonna be racing around the streets or wanna replace your rotors quicker then dont use Bendix Ultimate.
they are a very hard compound pad and although they have a performance increase for every day driving it wont be worth it....especially when your replacing rotors regularly.

sure the cops use them for performance increase but they get involved in high speed pursuits and all sorts. at the same time they only keep the cars for a couple of years so by the time rotors need changing the car is sold and they got bigger budgets than you and me

bendix advance or the Ferodo equivalent are more than good enough to get you to and back from work and some driving on the weekend.

but hey if you got pockets full of money then go for it.

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
DeanoVT said:
sure the cops use them for performance increase but they get involved in high speed pursuits and all sorts. at the same time they only keep the cars for a couple of years so by the time rotors need changing the car is sold and they got bigger budgets than you and me

bendix advance or the Ferodo equivalent are more than good enough to get you to and back from work and some driving on the weekend.
You and I pay for the cop cars disk pads.

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Thanks fellas..Just found DBA rotors $117 a side...And $100 for the rears at super cheap auto,s...

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
does anybody know anything good or bad about RDA Rotors ?? As seen on E-Bay..Thanks ...