Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rims to fit commodore VT chrom 17-19

T

tariqzvt

hi i wanted to buy 27-29 on rims for my VT what types of rims or tyres would fit

would 2 x 255/35 ZR18 90Y and 2x 225/40 R18 92Y Yokohama fit mine

please help thanks

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I don't think this forum is the best place for advice like this.. I got my rims and tyres 3 months ago and had no idea but any of this stuff..

There's simply too much information which is often contradictory.. The forum is only the place to get the basics like what 235/40/ZR18 and stuff means..

Go and talk to a number of different wheel and tyre places.. Some of them will try to rip you off, but get quotes from a number of places..

You can save upto $400 for a set of tyres by just going to different places.. No joke..

The only advice I have is to ask questions at first but as you go to more places, start using the knowledge gained from your inital questions to demonstrate to people that you know your **** and you're not gonna get ripped off..

T

tariqzvt

tariqzvt said:
hi i wanted to buy 27-29 on rims for my VT what types of rims or tyres would fit

would 2 x 255/35 ZR18 90Y and 2x 225/40 R18 92Y Yokohama fit mine

please help thanks

ok thanks mate but all i wanted to know is what type of rims would fit the VT i was looking 4 17-19 inch 1z

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, 17 - 19's will go straight on.. No drama's.. You may possibly need to get the speedo calibrated for the 19's, not 100%..

My 18's were a simple matter of bolt on..

T

tariqzvt

oh but is there any problem like the jap rims 17-19 would they fit without any hassle or is there a specific size of 17-19 like i heard there was something to do with width and that stuff and something like +30??

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
They need to have a stud pattern of 5 for one.. for two, when you look at rims it should tell you what cars it suits. 235 is approx the width of a commo wheel though.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think he's talking about the offset and centrebore of the wheel..

I'm pretty sure its +40 and for stud pattern 5/120..

edit: Don't take my word.. Just ring up any tyre place and ask them.. Seeing as you're talking about a Commy, the convo shouldn't last more then a minute..

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
my VX wheels in profile pic are 18 inch GIEMAX RACING WHEELS written on the center of the rims... fitted with Dunlop 245/40ZR18 tyres... they dont rub anywhere when i'm turning or going over speed bumps.. was on the car when i bought it... sure it's still standard height..