Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

first time servicing

K

kn5150

ive just reached 100,000 kms on the old speedo and i want to service my car without having to take it to a garage and getting ripped off. any help for cheapest parts and recommendations on lubricants.

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
The best way and cheapest is follow your owners manual for what parts you requires to undertake the 100,000klm service. Repco have some deals where you get the oil, filter and possibly air filters and plugs all for a one low price. The key here is follow your book and you cant go wrong. I service all my customers cars by the handbook and they dont have any problems. The cars that usually turn to crap are the ones that dont follow their books even if they do it themselves. :hit: The key is also to use quality parts such as oil that is the suitable grade for your car eg. Valvoline XLD PLus or equivalent and GOOD quality coolant is a must ( I use Valvoline GO5 premix). Not cheap but good quality. I find it easier to use all the same manufacturers lubricants as its more economical for my workshop and their backup is great!! Hope this post helps you. :wave:

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
100k service is basically an oil change.
Just do as Scott says.
120k is the next major service, with plugs air, fuel filters and oil etc being covered.

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
heh the 120k mark for extra stuff is all well and good if its been followed to the letter previously :)

If your keen like me just do everything so you KNOW things have been done and when