Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel economy

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I get really bad fuel economy on my VX S pack. Its auto and not supercharged and from bp ultimate for about 50 litres or so i get about 320 k's at the most. Usually about 270. I hammer it sometimes but generally its just regular 18 year old driving. Bit of this bit of that, how many k's do most of you get out of a tank?
Cheers

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
From 50 litres I get between 450-500km

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Well the thing is i dont leadfoot much, only occasionally. Also yeah ive got a lame/childish username because i made it 4 years ago to look at some post on here and i cant change my username.
But do you think there could be any faults like oxygen sensor or anything that causes such bad fuel economy? Its really starting to annoy me.

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
My uncle used to have a VXii S like yours a few years ago - bought it new.. was auto, not supercharged, and it had to go in for some sort of recall for fuel consumption - he used to fill it up, drive it for about 100km, then the fuel gauge would plummet down to 1/4 tank left and when he filled it up this would be accurate - it'd need a LOT of fuel. He's not a leadfoot driver either, and there was no leaking etc... oh and he's in a country area so very little stop/start driving.

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Really? Maybe i should take it to a dealership and have a talk with them, this week ive used bp ultimate as usual cause i work at a bp, and ive driven 160kms and its already down to half a tank maybe a tiny bit below.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Check your fault codes first.
I think theres a thread in the "how to" section.

chippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive 3.8l s1, vs s ute 5.0l s3
Your auto maybe slipping when you take off or one of your injectors might be clogged up, I get about 480-500km's for about 50 litres with caltex vortex 98