Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto in Gen III WH problems

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
hi all, i've had my gen iii wh for around 2 months now fairly happy with the car except the auto, in power mode it seems to shift fine, but in ecoomy mode its shifts up really rough as if it slips particulary from 2nd to 3rd but genrally the behaviour of shift changes is really bad, my old vr 5ltr was much better, but as i said earlier in power mode it seems fine?? the car has 213000kms on it, any ideas??

thanx
paul

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Holden do have an upgraded software for the Transmission Control Module, to overcome harsh shifting/improved shift points.
Ask your local dealer about a SPS (Service Programming System)for your TCM. Also at the same time they can check to make sure there is no trouble codes in it, to just make sure there is not another problem.
Ken

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
thanx for your reply, rather then get that done is it fine just to drive in power mode anyway because i like the behaviour of the auto in power mode??

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
If you still have your owners handbook, i think from memory it says that for around town/city driving, power mode is fine. Highway economy is the go.
So your very safe.
Ken