Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pods

H

hammono

hey i know that it is a frequently asked thing but i am not awar of wot ppl think or know. i was wondering wot would be the best pod fillter to purchus for my VX v6, and wot it will do to the perfomane of my car. and any other facts that is worth knowin b4 purchusing.
any suggestions appreciated thanks

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
okay pods filters are good and will increase performance - I tend to only go for K&N.. the bad thing is pods are really loud suckers..

I would go for a K&N panel filter anyday.. and for abit extra chuck on a cold air intake.. aunger are good but hard to fit for commodores..

The reason panel & cai are the way to go is because cold air compresses better compared to warm air from the engine bay which is wat u'll get with a pod..

so id spend abit more and get more performance

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
yes i agree, i have a K&N panel filter and ss induction cai in my vx v6 and it was the best money i ever spent, the car is more responsive and excellent on take off

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
I'll be closing off the filter area were my pod sites from the engine and feed a large tube into that area so there will be nothing but cold air going in.

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
there must be a way to make a cai aunger thing ourselves. Surley a bit of plastic mouding over the top of the radiator. Any ideas or inspiration.
For last month i have been looking for something to use. any ideas.

can you buy these aunger things from autobarn? how much r they?

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I have K&N panel filter in my VX-S very happy

H

hammono

Thanks for ur replys mostly appreciated.

Just a couple of questions wot is a panel filter? how does it work compaired to others? do i have to use a cold air intake to get it to work? and how is it at filtering the air as i live on a dirt road and i need a filter that will still keep out dirt, yet give me more performance then the standed one.. along the lines of cold air intakes how much would i bee looking at? and would it be a better buy to put a ss intake cai insted?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
panel filters they are talking about is a replacement for the panel in your standard air box.

K&N and whatnot are a high-flow alternative, and combined with a CAI allow more cold air to flow into the engine. Pod's allow even more air, but unless properly shielded, suck hot air from the engine bay and don't really make as much difference.

Plus pods have a crappy induction sound :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hammono said:
Thanks for ur replys mostly appreciated.

Just a couple of questions wot is a panel filter? how does it work compaired to others? do i have to use a cold air intake to get it to work? and how is it at filtering the air as i live on a dirt road and i need a filter that will still keep out dirt, yet give me more performance then the standed one.. along the lines of cold air intakes how much would i bee looking at? and would it be a better buy to put a ss intake cai insted?

I would not reccomend a pod on dirt roads, in fact i wouldn't reccomend them on any road, they allow alot of **** to pass through. Sure people will argue with me, but i seen closed tests on filters, trust me the **** that gets through isnt pretty.

Don't buy anything made by SS reductions. Go to holden and purchase or HSV CAI, about $90, saves about 200 on SS crap.