Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camber Kit

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
i got a 2000 VT Olympic.....do I have IRS? If camber kits are essential for lowering, and you don't want to pay $650 to have it done, how do you fit it yourself? any feedback from ppl who have put it in themselves??
thanks

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
$650, thats heaps, i got quoted $350 from pedders and i think they overcharge

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Wow 650? A camber kit is about 300-400 just for the kit, then fitting takes a couple of hours so yeah maybe. If you're getting it lowered, get it all done at once.

You DO have IRS.

You won't fit it yourself, you have to put it on a hoist and as far as I know, weld it to certain points.

S

slammed_calais

couple of ours, id like to see you fit it in a couple of ours. you need a hoist to make life a hell of alot easier.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
There is NO welding required but its not a job for a home mechanic. A hoist is a must to do it easily. Depends how low you intend to go also. Superlow or lower WILL require shorter shocks on the rear. FE2 you can get away with stock shocks. End float in the axles needs to be setup correctly too or you can knock the bearings out of the diff in a short time.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i was told 2 to 3 hours to fit camber kit... best to use 2 kits... 1 for camber, 1 for toe in-out.... Repco sells kits for $98 each when i last checked 2 months ago... you just need to make up 2 tools, i to pull old bush out, 1 to pull new bush in.... very easy to make... if not lowering i dont see any need for setting up diff bearings.... i'll be doing mine on car stands...

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Hairy Eater said:
if not lowering i dont see any need for setting up diff bearings.
The problem is you will still have adjustment available to reduce some of the unwanted negative camber but this uses all the available axle end float. Just something to be aware of...just because you have adjustment don't be tempted to use it all without first checking end float. I still had adjustment to reduce neg camber on my Superlow suspension but couldnt use it :( The axles require 1-1.5mm end float and allowances must be made for loading of the vehicle (passengers, loaded boot, fuel load etc) Most reputable wheel aligners should be aware of this and adjust to suit.