Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Sports Exhaust Help

zeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Commodore S Pack
Thinking about getting a new exhaust for my VT V6. I don't really know what I should get but Im looking for power and not too much noise. Im also going to get the FIT 1.9 rockers,CAI and custom chip.

I've been told that a Redback Cat Back 2.5" system with rear resinator and Pacemaker extractors aren't bad. What do you guys think? Would the standard CAT and middle pipes be hurting performance?

If you can post what you have, how much it cost and if your in Sydney where you got it from I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks, Daniel

RUS-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon Executive V6
Hi Daniel,

Im actually getting exact same things on my VT in 2 days, 2.5 inch catback, memcal and CAI with one of them custome foam air filters.

I got a few quotes on the exhaust, and got the best price for $340 fitted, and its more for a twin pipe (Penrith Muffler Man)

Memcal's are on ebay for 150
CAI, as well around 200 mark

If you want I can let you know how it goes on my car, and then you can decide what you want to do.

zeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Commodore S Pack
Yeah I got quoted $380 for cat back with tip but it's the Pacemaker extractors that were expensive $600 fitted. How hard is it to fit extractors to these cars?

RUS-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon Executive V6
nah not hard, bolt off bolt on... might want to replace gaskets thats all

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
zeep said:
Thinking about getting a new exhaust for my VT V6. I don't really know what I should get but Im looking for power and not too much noise. Im also going to get the FIT 1.9 rockers,CAI and custom chip.

I've been told that a Redback Cat Back 2.5" system with rear resinator and Pacemaker extractors aren't bad. What do you guys think? Would the standard CAT and middle pipes be hurting performance?

If you can post what you have, how much it cost and if your in Sydney where you got it from I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks, Daniel
Hi if your getting some fit gear you can't go past there 3 inch cat back exhaust
Cuckoo

NetJunkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S S/C
Is this simular to the FIT 3 inch cat back?

yeah.yeah

Reaction score
I'm getting extractors,high flow cat and 2.5inch sports exhaust for my vx $750. But I dont know if there is any benefits in performance alot websites says theres no gain for the V6. Anyone have dyno charts to prove benefits?

zeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Commodore S Pack
You get better results with other mods like im getting the fit rockers, custom chip, exhaust and k&n filter should hopefully give as much power as stock supercharged or 5L then.

zeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Commodore S Pack
I think 3 inch will be too big for an n/a 6 probably kill the power band.

zeep

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Commodore S Pack
yeah, yeah where did you get that quote from?