Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extractors & exhaust

yeah.yeah

Reaction score
Iam thinking of fitting extractors with a high flow cat and 2.5inch sports system to my VX V6A COMMODORE. Just wondering if there is any benefit in performance with this? Alot of websites say there isn't! Does anyone have any dyno charts to say different?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd also love to see a dyno that says different, i'd say maybe a gain of 8-10 rwkw MAX. Hardly worth the $2000+ for a decent system

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
yeah said:
Iam thinking of fitting extractors with a high flow cat and 2.5inch sports system to my VX V6A COMMODORE. Just wondering if there is any benefit in performance with this? Alot of websites say there isn't! Does anyone have any dyno charts to say different?

V6A commodore? what the "A"?

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
extractors & exhaust giv u abit more.. but u get more outta them if u have other mods..

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i wanna get a set of extractorsd and exhaust, but i dont want that droney sound they make, anyyone know what different makes and brands etc.. sound like? going on a v6 ecotech, want the performanbce but not the loudnesss..

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
VT97 said:
i wanna get a set of extractorsd and exhaust, but i dont want that droney sound they make, anyyone know what different makes and brands etc.. sound like? going on a v6 ecotech, want the performanbce but not the loudnesss..

just go get yourself a standard 2.5" redback performance exhaust. i got one on mine, and im more than happy, made a lot of difference thru acceleration, plus wasnt too loud.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
VTPREDATOR said:
just go get yourself a standard 2.5" redback performance exhaust. i got one on mine, and im more than happy, made a lot of difference thru acceleration, plus wasnt too loud.

I have 2.5" redback exhaust - sweet note and getting advanced headers later down the track