Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres For Vx

Terra

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Commodore s2
I'm currently running Wanli tyres.....they are the biggest plie of crap ever invented. They came with the car, and they are like ice skates in the wet! They are just plain dangerous!

My tyres are 235/40/18R. I'm looking for tyres that are not too expensive, say $230 a tyre, that hold really well in the wet, and that last.

I used to own a Ford EX that ran 225 Khumo Powermax 769 tyres. That car held the road a lot better than my VX just due to the tyres.

I want a tyre that holds the road wet or dry, not too pricey and that I can get good mileage out of.

I'm in Melbourne. Any Ideas?? confused:

Also should i drop down to 225 rather than 235? Would that help the car to stick and not aquaplane? I have a VY Clubsport kit on the car with FE2 suspension, so I suppose thats when such wide tyres were put on it.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Terra said:
I'm currently running Wanli tyres.....they are the biggest plie of crap ever invented. They came with the car, and they are like ice skates in the wet! They are just plain dangerous!

My tyres are 235/40/18R. I'm looking for tyres that are not too expensive, say $230 a tyre, that hold really well in the wet, and that last.

I used to own a Ford EX that ran 225 Khumo Powermax 769 tyres. That car held the road a lot better than my VX just due to the tyres.

I want a tyre that holds the road wet or dry, not too pricey and that I can get good mileage out of.

I'm in Melbourne. Any Ideas?? confused:

Also should i drop down to 225 rather than 235? Would that help the car to stick and not aquaplane? I have a VY Clubsport kit on the car with FE2 suspension, so I suppose thats when such wide tyres were put on it.
Firestone tz1000 or more expensive the wide ovals

Firesetones are $165 each for 17" 235 x 45 and come out in 18's also for bit over 200 from Bridgestone tyre centres,they are a good touring tyre,very quite and last a damn long time due to their hard compoud.

For something with more sports appeal and better for performance i would recommend the Maxxis Z1 - best performing tyre wheels mag.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
well 4 1 F1 car tyres r totally different from a normal road car and 2ndly bridgestone r crap namely coz of the tread patterns and how the rubber is actually made 2 with stand certain tempretures like i said b4 in that forum find out where the tyre is actually manufactured thats where u will find out the truth on how crap the tyre is

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Falkens are keepers.. About the $220 mark..

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
wrx884 said:
well 4 1 F1 car tyres r totally different from a normal road car and 2ndly bridgestone r crap namely coz of the tread patterns and how the rubber is actually made 2 with stand certain tempretures like i said b4 in that forum find out where the tyre is actually manufactured thats where u will find out the truth on how crap the tyre is
whats ur favourite brand? Firestones and Bridgestones for me

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
pirelli zeros made in germany only tho not a cheap tyre 300-400 a pop lol if ya wanna go cheap yokahamas or toyos will do the job and in fact bridgestone actualy makes firestone there r both the same pretty much just have diff tread patterns

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
bridgestones the best !

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Get them if they're the right price. I've got nankang ns2's on mine. Decent for budget, but careful in the wet!