Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Fuel Filter

vtmadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2
Hi there,

I,m new to this forum and have found many handy hints.

Yesterday I purchased a new fuel filter so I could install it myself. Found the filter easy enough but am having trouble romving the fuel lines from the filter. Does any one know how to remove the lines from the filter as I am stumped

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
They're just clips I'm pretty sure. Squeeze the clips where the hose meets the filter.. It should just come off..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Push forward towards the filter,sqeeze tangs, pull off and don't forget to reduce the fuel pressure by removing the fuel pump fuse, then start the engine until it stalls, then crank it over for another 10 seconds and replace the fuse. This should stop fuel spraying when you remove the hose.

vtmadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2
Thank you gents. Will give that a try.:bow:

W

white00vt

Let me know how you go vtmadness, im looking to do the same for the first time, the next chance i get.

vtmadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2
lukedog said:
Yeah i did a diy a last service

Theres a specal tool to take off the lines from the filter

What type of tool is it as I'm still having trouble removing the fuel lines.

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
I struggled getting the clips of too. Eventually got them off and in the end I wasn't too impressed with the whole set-up (and thinking to myself 'whats the go with all this plastic crap!!). Especailly didn't want to go through all this hassel next time I replace the filter. So I replaced the plastic lines and clips with rubber hose and worm-drive clamps. Works a treat. :p

vtmadness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2
B J said:
I struggled getting the clips of too. Eventually got them off and in the end I wasn't too impressed with the whole set-up (and thinking to myself 'whats the go with all this plastic crap!!). Especailly didn't want to go through all this hassel next time I replace the filter. So I replaced the plastic lines and clips with rubber hose and worm-drive clamps. Works a treat. :p

So how did you eventually remove the fuel lines?

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
It was a while ago. I remembered getting one off ok but the other one was r@@ted by the time I removed it. I didn't have any 'special' tool from memory.