Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAI questions

Toms 50th Ani

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VT executive 50th Aniversary
Hey all

The only mod I've done is a simple K&N panel filter but I'm looking into a CAI aswell. What I'd like to know is which CAI is the better brand and would improve airflow the most?

I've heard about the SS CAI but there seems to be a mix of results in being sh!thouse and others say they're good. Ebay has a few Aunger CAI available which people seem to like.. Just need some clarification.

I'm only running the stock exhaust at the moment and will hopefully plan to upgrade this, but will modifing the intake side hinder the performace if the exhaust side isn't upgraded aswell?

thanks

Last edited:

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
i've got a K&N panel filter with ss induction cai on my vx and it has definately improved the overall performance of the car. The SS ones are a bit pricey, but i have been very happy with its results

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
I have an aunger - they are pretty common CAIs... Im pretty sure they claim to be as good as a ss induction.

If your putting it in yourself id go wid ss induction - they fit flush under your bonnet.. no cutting n stuff..

Admiral_Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
hows it go with just the k&n panel filter mate? im thinkin about gettin one.. is it worth it?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
hows it go with just the k&n panel filter mate? im thinkin about gettin one.. is it worth it?

i have the k&n panel filter and the ss CAI mate, runs a dream.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
IMO I'd get the Mace CAI, check out the MACE section for details. Loads of people use them, with great success.
I am using the Aunger CAI, with the k&n panel filter seems to go ok but I reckon the Aunger CAI's design isnt as good as it could be.