Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim II - Suspension Mods???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Just purchased my first car; 2002 VX Commodore Acclaim II in white. Got; tinted windows and 17" VX SS rims with 235/45R17 sumitomo tyres. However tyres are being changed by dealer cause they aint road worthy. (Had low tread and one tyre had a cut going through the belts, so I went back to dealer and made him change them - STILL WAITING :ranting:

Just wanting advise on what springs and shocks I should purchase to lower my car??? And what price I'd be looking at??? Thinking of getting it lowered at Pedders and I'm looking at lowering it 1.5 to 2 inches max. Also do I need a camber kit or do all series 2 vx commodores come standard with it???

Any advise would be great???

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Monroe shocks & king springs low - same as FE2 - they go 2 inches lower than stock.. VXS2 are supposed to not get inner tire wear but ive heard it still happens.. your best bet is to lower it and just keep an eye on the tread..

Last edited:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Get a 4 wheel alignment by beaurepairs, they should set the camber properly for you. I haven't had it done myself, just going by what Shounak has said he was getting done.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Thanks for that. I give it a go and see what happens.

CHeers

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I had FE2 in my VT and have changed it to Lovells Sports low Springs and Koni Shocks.

It handles a thousand times better than the FE2 and isn't half as harsh.. I have had a different suspension setups and can say IMO that Koni's are a great shock..

The height is 1 inch lower than the FE2 it came with and still sits within the legal limits in WA
399466_12.jpg

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
How much did Lovells Sports low Springs and Koni Shocks set you back$$$

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I can't remember the exact cost but it was around $1600.. but I also have a camber kit put in which has helped with inner tyre wear.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
whoa thats pricey

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Bear in mind that price is for Koni Adjustables, Lovells all round, a 4 point camber kit, full installation and a full wheel alignment.

Konis are the expensive part in the whole setup, but that is the price for quality..

JEL0U5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S1
Depending on who your covered by it might also be worth keeping in mind the insurance factor, especially with your age, just a thought m8, gotta love the VX's.