Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT to VX taillights

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
undefinedDoes anyone know, or has anyone attempted to change thier VT calais/berlina tail lights over to VX calais/berlina style lights?? Is it just a straight swap or is there any extra stuff which needs doing also?? Wat about headlights?? will the VX bumper fit straight onto the VT??

T

t3zza

VT_R8ted said:
undefinedDoes anyone know, or has anyone attempted to change thier VT calais/berlina tail lights over to VX calais/berlina style lights?? Is it just a straight swap or is there any extra stuff which needs doing also?? Wat about headlights?? will the VX bumper fit straight onto the VT??

The VX lights have what they call tears, thus you have to modify the exisiting front bumper. I hear its not worth while, but I do hear of some people purchasing a VX bumper though.... ;)

Up to you mate, but there is nothing wrong with the look of the VT

R

Robbie

G'day mate,

Yes the headlights would be a lot of work but the tail lights aren't.

i changed my berlina Tail lights and Boot garnish in my VT over to the VX. You need to do a little re wiring because the VX has the blinker, reverse light and tail light in the light. The Vt only had the blinker and the tail light.

Also the Garnish on the Vt had the reverse light. if ytou are changing over to the new garnish you need to jump the wire from the tail light into the one in the garnish to give you your brake/tail light instead of the reverse light.

it sounds pretty complicated but is really pretty easy.

Are you putting the Berlina/Calais VX garnish in?? I must say it does look a bit shonlky with the old VT Garnish left in place.

Any wuestions just ask

Cheers,

Robbie

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
undefinedThanks guys, ;) im lookin at puttting the lights and garnish of the vx calais/berlina in, so the wiring should all be the same im hoping as the reversing lights in the calais/berlina in the VX were in the centre garnish also. just wasnt sure if the garnish would slot straight in as the VT garnish slopes down towards the centre, however the VX moulds up around the number plate. Is the metal section of the centre garnish part of the tail light or is this a seperate item?? (hopefully these photos hav worked and you can see what im on about) Cheers Al.
1364_9mg.jpg

0733_9mg.jpg

Attachments

• VX_tail.jpg
    VX_tail.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,301
  • VT_Tail.jpg
    VT_Tail.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 989
B

bdcmedia

I have put the "Monaro"style VX tail lights on my VTii and all that was required was to "piggyback" a wire from the Right side reverse light to the Left side reverse light.
I am baout to install VX front and rear bumpers and then I'll put in a new boot garnish painted to my body colour! I'll try and put a pic on to show.

R

Robbie

The VT Had reverse lights in the Garnish but the VX has the Tail/Brake light in the garnish. so you will haver to pick up the wire.

My Garnish fitted nicely.

The bit around the numberplate (That is blue in the pic above) is seperate to the lights (The red plastic) in the Garnish.

The piggy back wire is abou all that is needed for the tail lights and new wiring looms on both sides.

Cheers,
Robbie

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
t3zza said:
The VX lights have what they call tears, thus you have to modify the exisiting front bumper.

Only the VX Executive, Acclaim, S, and SS had the "teardrop" Headlights and twin port grille, The Berlina and Calais have more rectangular lights without the teardrop, and a chrome one piece grille, in conjunction with a rounder and longer overhanging bumper with single air intake.

Heres a pic of a VX Berlina showing the changes. ;)
VX_Berlina.jpg

I dont think it would be a lot of trouble to put a VX Berlina front on a VT, you just have to change the Bumper and the headlights. As far as I know the grille is part of the Bumper. So it shouldnt be hard to do. ;)

Last edited:

Devils_ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ss 5ltr
I can't figure out which wire I need to piggyback from the reverse lights or I'm doing something wrong only one reverse light works after I put the VX ones in my VT

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I can't figure out which wire I need to piggyback from the reverse lights or I'm doing something wrong only one reverse light works after I put the VX ones in my VT

probably won't get many answers from this thread considering the last post was 15years ago mate.. ;)

hit the search button and if no luck there, start a new thread..