Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 gas conversion

bazcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon 3.8
Hi guys,not sure if this is the correct place for this question but here goes. i"ve been thinking about converting my vt v6 wagon to gas so i can have dual fuel. i"ve been told by a couple of revhead mates of mine that the commodore v6 can give trouble when converted e.g. blowing boxes? & gauges?..not sure what these are but can anyone give me any info re the truth or not about this? also any probs with the gas tank,willthe spare tyre have to be relocated to inside wagon? Thanks for any responses...

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
G'day mate,

I just had mine done bout a month n a half ago.
No problems at all!!!!

As far as problems go, any gas system can backfire, cause the air box to blow. But if its kept servicable then you shouldn't have any probs at all.
Not sure bout gauges though, never heard that one.

Being a wagon I think they'll put a dount tank in, so your spare will sit on the side like in the falcon wagons.

With mine, there is no differene between either fuel. Gas isn't as sluggish as I thought it was guna b.
But the best thing is the cost to fill. I've already saved 200 bucks in the time I've had it.

Oh and dont listen to people when they say that LPG will go up. Cause obviously it will, but petrol will always go up aswell and be more expensive.
Also the excise dont come into effect on LPG till 2011.
I did my home work b4 I did it.

It cost me 3k with flash lube and I had to wait 6 months for a tank.

Hope this helps ya a little mate.

bazcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon 3.8
hey there deserthead thanks for that m8..i live in country vic. so i think i"ll start checking around for a good conversion place......cheers

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
No worries mate, any other questions just ask!

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
You can now get LPG injection systems that can't backfire as they squirt the gas straight at the inlet valve.
(instead of filling up the intake manifold with gas)

bazcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon 3.8
whats it called & where in vic can i inquire about it do you know mate?