Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt engine cover

jay_hman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hey just wondering,

the foam underneath the engine cover, is it essential for the foam to be there or can it be removed, becuase i am about to paint my cover and if i was to take the foam off it would be easyer to clean...

cheers

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Don't bother man.. Just use Prepsol on the outside of it and spray that..

Shouldn't be an issue..

jay_hman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
yeah ok i cleaned it up and sprayed it and guess what i f**cking droped the c**t and it has all dirt on it so i gotta start again tomorrow

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Haha ... I had mine sitting to dry on the washing machine. Picked it up and chipped it on the corner of the dryer thats mounted on the wall above the washin machine.. was not happy!

But yeah leave the foam on there... it stops it vibrating and rubbing on metal parts.

X

xu1au

i painted mine today but not sure if i like the colour,would i have to sand it back or just paint over it.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
don't sand. just wipe it clean with a turps rag

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I've actually removed mine. Need to degrease the engine bay a little, polish up the plennum cover, bit of color coding and bobs ya aunty.

goldencommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Commodore
hey i tryed to paint mine today but it didnt turn out to good on the front cause firstly i cleaned it down with degreaser and wiped it off, the tryed some undercoat on it and it sort of looked like it had a chemical reaction with it, so i just sprayed the paint straight over the oridgnal and it turned out perfect but when i spray over the under coat it come up lumpy and horrible, so i sanded the front off and tryed it again but still isn't as good as the back. wat undercoat did u use or di u just clean it and paint it? thanks